An urgent requirement has become available for a Senior Layout Designer (Residential) to join a small, close-knit team based in central Birmingham.
At present, their housing sector is extremely busy and my client are looking to identify a talented Senior Layout Designer with experience of residential projects.
The successful applicant will have
- A good knowledge of residential layout design reinforced with examples of work.
- Proven knowledge of current design standards that should be applied to residential projects
- Proven experience of working directly with clients as the main point of contact and liaising with Local Authorities
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability to build rapport and develop relationships.
- Experience of producing comprehensive Design and Access statements/ Vision statements/ Design Codes
- A proven track record of delivering successful planning approvals.
- A strong work ethic and ambition to progress within the company
- A Good knowledge of Working Drawings
- Working alongside the Director in developing residential layout designs from inception to completion
- Heading up the residential team in production of drawings and delivery of planning applications.
- Working alongside the Associate in future proofing designs for delivery to the working drawings team
- Developing new pipelines and business opportunities.
Proficient in the following software:
- Autocad - Predominant software used across all their projects
- Adobe illustrator
- Sketch Up – 3D
- Revit – An advantage
There is huge potential for the right person to progress within the company and move into working in more of an Associate / Director capacity. The 2 Directors thrive for continuous development and supporting each of their employees through their individual careers. This could be a great chance to develop with an ever-expanding team that although is fairly young, have already grown significantly over the last 3 years.
The office has a very good atmosphere; professional yet very cheerful with team members genuinely enjoying their work and communication with peers.
Salary on offer will range between £40-45,000 PA, and they appreciate that they aren't going to find the person from the developer world (which would be their ideal) and so they need to find people that have had this experience and are now looking to work in a similar capacity within an Architects practice.
Please get in touch with Jack if this position may sound of interest to you. Jack is a consultant at mustard with a specialist regional approach to architectural recruitment. He works with private practices, multidisciplinary consultancies, developers and contractors across the Midlands including numerous AJ100 firms.
mustard are a specialist creative recruitment consultancy with offices in Bristol, London and Hong Kong. Established for over 11 years, they have a market-leading reputation for quality service and delivery across architecture, interior design and the creative industries.
Jack Perks | firstname.lastname@example.org | +44 (0)203 854 1100 | www.mustardjobs.co.uk