They are long established production company operating within the live events and experiential industry, as well as a long established production partner to some of the largest events and activations in the UK and Ibiza. They have delivered 1000's of productions to countless clients, spanning a broad spectrum of projects as small as pop up bars and up to festival scale events. They have an in house workshop providing woodworking, metal fabrication, spray paint and technical construction services. Everything they do they deliver in house.
Working alongside the rest of the Project Team, you will lead the delivery of major client projects and events. As a Project Manager, you will be responsible for delivering major projects with values exceeding £300k, either working as a project lead, or managing a team allocated to the production from initial brief to installation on site. Working closely with the Head of Production, you will regularly liaise with their in-house design, production, and workshop teams to ensure that projects are delivered on time within all budget and brief specifications. You will need to call upon your extensive experience in managing the delivery of complex briefs, installations across multiple disciplines including but not exclusive to, retail displays, product launches, brand activations, and permanent installations.
- Develop a portfolio of clients, building and securing sustainable relationships.
- Lead and manage the delivery of client projects, including leading on the planning, internal briefing to production, design, budget management, staffing and health and safety.
- Act as a point of contact for clients, communicating the progress of project initiatives to all internal and external stakeholders.
- General account management responsibilities, including stakeholder management and preparing presentations, and providing reports on project financial analysis as required.
- Ensuring client jobs are accurately assessed, realistically planned, achievable and quoted correctly.
- Ensure timely, successful delivery that meets client requirements and of a quality that reflects the companies exacting standards.
- Maintain profitability for projects and meeting or exceeding company financial objectives for all projects set at between a 35% and 40% margin.
- Ensuring that client briefs are suitably documented and passed into production with sufficient detail to facilitate clarity and context.
- Maintain a running budget of resources and materials for each production, ensuring that the production meets its financial objectives.
- Use the company ERP (Scoro) to calculate resources, materials, and costs, and effectively follow project management procedures to ensure that Quotes, Invoices, Purchase Orders etc. are correctly created and that estimates are accurate, and that anticipated expenditure is clear.
- Ensure contractual obligations are met, occasionally contributing to the contractual negotiation process with an understanding of both the commercial and creative objectives.
- Maintaining clarity of project planning, with measurements of Cost, Quality and Time accordingly represented and communicated.
- Manage multiple projects with competing deadlines, ensuring all deliverables are met and that schedules are agreed with the production teams.
- Respond to internal requests for information relating to new client briefs, pitches, and presentations.
Knowledge and Skills
- 5+ years relevant experience of managing complex projects.
- Exceptional knowledge and understanding of materials including timber, metals, plastics, and a variety of finishes.
- Excellent project management skills and experience working with budgets exceeding £250k
- Good understanding of project finances; material / supplier costs, labour, and profit margins.
- Experienced in forecasting, reviewing and foreseeing project risks.
- Experience of maintaining and controlling production costs through value engineering (e.g., cashflow, profitability).
- Strong ability to work to deadlines, manage own time independently and prioritise work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience in liaising with external H&S personnel where necessary.
- Good knowledge of sustainable material sourcing and advising on the best methods of production to achieve overall business sustainability aims.
- Competent in using the latest computer software and communication tools, including the ability track costs and resources using our business software systems.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Build a personal portfolio of projects delivering revenue exceeding £750k per annum.
- Delivery of projects with a minimum profit margin of 35% with an intention to hit a 40% margin where possible.
- Ensure that all projects are meeting the quality and budget objectives and are delivered on time.
- Ensure that clients are successfully maintained and serviced to ensure long lasting relationships.
- Become a trusted partner to your key clients.
- Manage and maintain project briefs, plans, and budgets in accordance with the company processes and procedures.
- Contribute to the successful planning and scheduling of projects into production with a focus on operational processes and scheduling objectives.