About the company:
This highly creative and successful client is a diverse collective of industry leading event businesses.
This group structure gives clients a more integrated, innovative and cost-effective offering by utilising one core operational team with specialist divisions.
Over the past two decades this bunch have worked collaboratively with clients to deliver impressive solutions for a diverse range of live events across the UK and worldwide.
Specialist events and a full service, bespoke events agency that have a true vision of when events should and CAN be! ... The creativity is endless.
About the role:
As Event Manager, you will be responsible for the management of key accounts and the coordination of event pitching, budgeting, planning and delivering. You will work closely with the Account Directors to implement marketing and sales strategies to grow the business.
Sales & Account Management
• Be pro-active in driving and managing sales into both companies
• Cross-selling and upselling the varied services of the company
• Reporting weekly/monthly/quarterly on agency activity keeping management teams up to speed on performance in line with sales targets
• Work collaboratively across board on the development and retention of client opportunities both new and existing for the agency
• Managing and overseeing of the preparation of submissions of all agency bids and pitches on time and within budget
• Attending and leading client meetings
• Effectively networking at promotional events
Event Planning & Delivery
• Design and activate events according to client briefs and ensuring execution is consistent with brand standards
• Create project management timelines and ensure tasks remain on track to meet event deadlines
• Develop, manage and implement the event budget including expense tracking, management, reporting and reconciliation
• Source, scope, manage and negotiate with vendors (making sure to use any of the company’s brands in the first instance) including but not limited to venues, caterers/food service, hospitality, transportation, fabrication, equipment, print, staffing and production
• Procure permits, civic documents, and all other paperwork required for events
• Oversee overall production timeline which includes identifying key deadlines and deliverables, install & dismantle schedules, and program run of the event
• Identify and secure trucking, warehousing and shipping solutions as required
• Implement policies related to risk management, insurance, sustainability and contingency planning
• Ensure all events are invoiced and paid in full before the start date
• Successfully deliver on-site events that meet the clients KPI’s and with complete satisfaction
• Hold detailed debrief meeting with all clients no later than one week after the event has finished
• Acquire client feedback where possible to help make any improvement for future events
• Work with the finance team to ensure each job is cashed up correctly, reporting the right figures and closed
• Work alongside the Head of Agency to develop a marketing strategy and oversee implementation of all activity to improve brand awareness and collateral produced
• Ensure each campaign, activity and channel is fully evaluated and that this evaluation is acted upon to drive continuous improvement for the agency
What is needed to see from you to be considered - MUSTS:
• Experience – 3+ years of brand/retail and corporate events
• Commercial acumen – demonstrate operational knowledge and be comfortable with the mission, strategy, objectives and tactics of the company
• Customer service – demonstrate a strong focus on service delivery, be thoughtful and thorough in building and maintaining relationships with internal and external customers. Understand and anticipate customer needs and strive to exceed expectations
• Personal motivation/passion and drive – Strive for improvement to own skills, knowledge and behaviour. Take responsibility for achieving business results
• Personal adaptability – work comfortably and effectively in an environment of ambiguity or change. Tackle problems positively, receptive to new ideas and respond with flexibility and optimism. Can multi-task and balance numerous projects.
• Communication – communicate information in a timely fashion. Demonstrate co-operation and trust with colleagues and teams. Listen carefully when accepting the input of others. Demonstrate effective written and oral communication.
• Teamwork – work efficiently and effectively in a team environment to achieve shared business targets and goals. Respect and support your fellow colleagues to ensure excellent service delivery to all internal and external customers.
• Integrity – understand and consider the global nature of the business and work well with team members from other cultures and countries. Listen effectively, understand other points of view and always maintain a high level of professionalism
• IT – demonstrate proficient IT skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint