A great opportunity has just become available for a Landscape Architect to join an award winning, AJ100 Architects / Building control practice based in Shrewsbury. You will be joining a very collaborative and friendly 25 strong team here.
Landscape architects in the practice similarly work amongst a broad range of work types. This is often in close collaboration with both their architects and wider external project teams, including local authorities, private developers and contractors, creating positive, dynamic and sustainable landscape architecture. The work will include landscape masterplans, public realm and biodiverse landscapes as well as designs for education, transportation, commercial offices, residential developments and more.
As a Landscape Architect with at least 2 years post P2C experience, you should ideally be a member of the UK’s Landscape Institute and have proven skills of managing and delivering projects from inception to completion on site. The post has excellent opportunities for career enhancement.
• Take ownership of allocated individual projects from inception through delivery to completion on site
• Be a competent and creative designer
• Manage junior members of staff
• Prepare drawings and documents using a variety of software packages, notably AutoCAD, Photoshop, InDesign & Sketch-Up. Revit is an advantage but not a necessity.
• Appraise sites in terms of their opportunities, restrictions and risks
• Liaise, engage and present to project stakeholders including clients, contractors, planning departments and members of the public
• Assist with business development, bids & marketing
• Preparation of fee proposals
Required Skills and Experience
• You will have sound design and drawing skills with a practical but creative approach and an eye for detail
• Excellent English Language written and spoken skills
• Degree or Post Graduate diploma in Landscape Architecture preferably from a school accredited by the Landscape Institute
• Chartered status MLI having successfully completed the LI Pathway to Chartership (P2C)
• Excellent design, drawing and presentation skills including hand drawing capabilities
• Good knowledge of hardworks design, available products and standard and bespoke construction detailing
• Experience of public realm design, and ability to resolve levels and site contours
• Have an innovative approach to design and a good capability for visualisations
• Good knowledge of the UK Planning process & Building Regulations.
• Able to prepare detailed design and working drawings, schedules and NBS specifications
• Good knowledge and understanding of business and finance and working within the larger strategic framework
• Structured approach to problem solving, capable of making decisions when required whilst knowing when support is required
• Good understanding of significance of QA procedures and Health & Safety requirements
• Able to drive and possess a full UK driving license
• 23 days holiday plus Bank Holidays, increasing to 27 days upon reaching 5 years’ continuous service
• Life Assurance Scheme
• Health Cash Plan
• Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
• Long Service Awards
• Refer a friend scheme
Due to the current COVID-19 situation, interviews may be conducted remotely via video conferencing and depending on start date and government guidelines the role would begin working from home. The first few days of employment are likely to be in the office for the start of the Induction process.
Salary on offer is up to £37,000 PA, and very much dependent on individual ability and experience.
Please get in touch with Jack if this position may sound of interest to you. Jack is a consultant at mustard with a specialist regional approach to architectural recruitment. He works with private practices, multidisciplinary consultancies, developers and contractors across the Midlands including numerous AJ100 firms.
mustard are a specialist creative recruitment consultancy with offices in Bristol, London and Hong Kong. Established for over 10 years, they have a market-leading reputation for quality service and delivery across architecture, interior design and the creative industries.
Jack Perks | email@example.com | +44 (0)203 854 1100 | www.mustardjobs.co.uk