Furniture Consultant - Workplace Interior Design
Be passionate about furniture and lead the client relationship on furniture projects, as standalone or part of wider project. Be an industry expert in product and commercial opportunity with an annual furniture sales target of £2m+ and effectively work with Relationships, Design, Projects, Contracts, Finance teams. Ensure great supplier relationships and look explore best commercial arrangements to expand network to evolve proposition.
- Key Responsibilities:
- Lead furniture projects to ensure bespoke product selection, excellent value and commercial success and a delighted client.
- Work closely with interior designers and stylists to curate the right aesthetic look and functionality.
- Consider audio visual, data connectivity, lighting and power interfaces with all products.
- Maintain strong, up-to-date knowledge of products, designers, specifications, brands, and trends.
- Be proactive and provide outstanding customer service before & after the sale.
- Maintain positive working relationship with furniture manufacturers and continually look for new and alternative suppliers.
- Work with projects team to establish selling strategies, maximize sales and profitability. Always obtain project budgets from Project Lead.
- Consider and challenge customer needs and recommend appropriate furniture. Arrange and attend furniture showroom visits with Client & Project team.
- Ensure Space plan is as per specified furniture and suited to dimensions of design layout.
- Produce detailed furniture schedules.
- Negotiate additional discounts with manufacturers in between a project T1 and signing of contract status.
- Agree contractual terms.
- Agree gross volume discounts with the primary aim of optimising commercial agreements.
- Where appropriate attend pitch presentations and ensure furniture, offering is a compelling proposition.
- Work directly with Project Leads to assign design resource to and enable designers to have more creative input.
- Organise samples and mock-ups including tracking.
- Create and manage cost reports to track finance and issue to Project Manager. Check & sign off invoices.
- Complete furniture purchase orders, check order confirmations, liaise with installers to ensure all furniture received prior to installation,
- Report any damaged items to manufacturer and deal with any snagging in a timely manner.
- Be responsible for the coordination scheduling, invoicing and delivery of the Client Care orders.
- Ensuring minimum waste impact – align and input into evolution of sustainability approach.
- Liaise with Marketing on PR, social media, and website content to maximise opportunities.
- Evolve with the studio as we enable technology to develop a better furniture process.
- Evolve with the studio as we look to build the proposition of this team.
To apply for this role, please send your CV and furniture related work examples to firstname.lastname@example.org